Monday, February 21, 2011

Meta Day 1

So today was a success!! I woke up early this morning to the realization that I needed a juicer to get my power juice going. Thanks to my friend Helen she highly recommended the Jack Lelanne juicer and I'm pretty impressed. It'll juice absolutely anything and everything. I may start juicing everything I eat....well at least until I get sick of a baby food diet. So I headed off to Kohl's first thing and yes I felt like a moron knocking down the door at 8:00 to buy a juicer of all things.

Once I got back, I spent all morning preparing the foods that are part of the Week 1 meal plan (Nutrient Boost Week) but the good thing is I made enough for tomorrow too. Now, the Nutrient Boost Week entails 7 different items (servings) of food that can be eaten whenever you want. Breakfast kicked off with the power juice (kale, beets, and apples). I have to say I have never eaten a beet in my life but dang they stain your hands "beet red", now I know where that comes from. The juice was a pleasant surprise considering it looked and smelled awful.


For breakfast it called for steamed apples and blueberries then pureed into applesauce, delish!!



I did my Day 1 workout right before lunch so I was starving come 1:00. For lunch I ate the carrot/parsnip puree which was good and veggie soup. I forgot to take a picture of lunch but I will post tomorrow. Then for dinner I had the Gazpacho and sweet potato/corn puree. The gazpacho was tolerable but the sweet potato puree was heaven!!

Yea that pic looks a little gross but it looked more appetizing than the picture does it justice. And just about an hour ago I was happy to finally enjoy an "approved" glass of wine and dessert. Chocolate/Strawberry pudding! After dessert so sweet I am rethinking about sticking to this for at least another day :) Day 1 down, 29 to go!

Photobucket












1 comment:

  1. Yay for completing day 1! I'll have to try the chocolate pudding with strawberries, I don't see how there could be anything better!

    PS love that you're reading Twilight it's nice not to be the only adult who likes them :)

    ReplyDelete