Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Summer is one of my favorite times of the year, but when it gets to about mid-July I am ready to feel some Fall temperatures.... The last couple of day I have found myself imagining what it will feel like to have upper 60 degree breezes, football on the big screen, and the holidays surrounding us. Well, I know I am wishing my life away by looking months into the future but it does make these hot muggy days seem shorter. So this summer.....well.....Seth and I did finish the half marathon we set out for in Nashville. We had a blast in Nashvegas but unfortunately the race wasnt what I set out for. Ended up breaking two bones in my foot during the race and was put in a cast for six weeks. There went my running.... After those six grueling weeks Seth and I took a little vacay off to Hawaii. We stayed in Waikiki Beach in Oahu and it was absolutely amazing. We are LOST junkies so the first day there we took at 10 Hr off road Hummer tour throughout the entire island to the famous scenes of the show. We, like most tourists, embarked in a authentic Hawaiin luau, snorkeled with dolphins in the ocean, drank Mai Tais until sick, and came home with a fresh bronze gl0w. We cant wait to go back to visit the other islands of Hawaii. The Fourth of July was just about perfect this year. After a huge feast on classic American cuisine, the entire family had a picnic party on the lawn at Fairhope Pier. We laughed, played games, at watermelon, and then relaxed under the summer sky watching an amazing display of fireworks.
So now, its the "Dog Days of Summer" (actually probably not yet but it seems). Looking forward to the next big thing. I believe our next traveling excapade is a weekend in Atlanta for a Braves cheer fest. Im actually pretty excited since the Braves are on a big winning streak this year, come on penant!! So thats what is going on with the Sanders lately. Im so not good at staying updated with my blog. Happy Dog Days everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment